New Performance Turku Festival in collaboration with Arts Promotion Centre Finland presents FRESH programme – the artistic development and performing opportunity for emerging performance and live artists based and working in Finland. FRESH-project is targeting performance art professionals who have been operating in the field under 10 years, and the aim is to develop artistic performance processes and present the festival audience a collection of new, emerging artists.
We’re announcing an open call for performance proposals. Altogether three performance works will be selected for dialogical development process, and eventually to be performed at the New Performance Turku Festival 2018.
The development process of the selected works actualizes in three phases and dimensions:
– After the selection, the chosen works will get feedback from the programme jury.
– The chosen artists will have a possibility to discuss their work with the regional artist of live art Marika Räty, the specialist advisor of the FRESH programme.
– All the three chosen artists will also be invited to a shared coaching weekend, where the works will get feedback from New Performance Turku Festival’s artistic director Leena Kela and executive producer Anni Sundbacka, and Marika Räty.
– The festival offers the participants a performance fee. The development process doesn’t include an additional fee, but the costs of the coaching weekend will be covered.
The works will be presented at the New Performance Turku Festival, 21-23rd September 2018. The artist and the festival will negotiate the details of the work’s actualization, performing time and space.
You are invited to apply, if:
– you are a performance artist / live artist based in Finland
– you have been a practicing art professional under 10 years
– you are able to and willing to commit in a dialogical and collegial artistic process
– you are preparing a new work or want to significantly develop previously existing work
Fresh-project will offer the three chosen artists the mentoring of their performative work, the travel, accommodation and food costs of the coaching weekend, travel and accommodation costs of the festival weekend, performance fee of 250 euros, technical support, performance assistant and reasonable material costs.
The deadline for the applications is Monday, April 16th, 2018.
Send your application email, including the performance proposal and a CV (as a single attachment, in pdf form), at: firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE! Please include a heading FRESH + your name